2016 Arkansas Code
Title 23 - Public Utilities and Regulated Industries
Subtitle 2 - Financial Institutions and Securities
Chapter 55 - Uniform Money Services Act
Article 2 - Money Transmission Licenses
§ 23-55-204. Security

AR Code ยง 23-55-204 (2016) What's This?

(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b), a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 plus $10,000 per location in this State where the applicant and its authorized delegates engage in money transmission or provide other money services, with the maximum required amount of the surety bond of $300,000, must accompany an application for a license to engage in money services.

(b) The surety bond must be in a form satisfactory to the Securities Commissioner and payable to the State for the benefit of any claimant against the licensee to secure the faithful performance of the obligations of the licensee with respect to money transmission.

(c) The aggregate liability on a surety bond may not exceed the principal sum of the bond. A claimant against a licensee may maintain an action on the bond, or the commissioner may maintain an action on behalf of the claimant.

(d) A surety bond must cover claims for so long as the commissioner specifies, but for at least five years after the licensee ceases to provide money services in this State. However, the commissioner may permit the amount of security to be reduced or eliminated before the expiration of that time to the extent the amount of the licensee's payment instruments or stored-value and prepaid access obligations outstanding in this State is reduced.

(e) [Repealed.]

(f) The commissioner may increase the amount of security required to a maximum of $1,000,000 if the financial condition of a licensee so requires, as evidenced by reduction of net worth, financial losses, or other relevant criteria.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.