2016 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 5 - Emergency Management
Chapter 75 - Arkansas Emergency Services Act of 1973
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 12-75-132. Arkansas Homeland Security Advisory Group -- Created
(a) There is created an advisory body to the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management, to be known as the "Arkansas Homeland Security Advisory Group".
(b) The advisory group shall consist of representatives of federal, state, and local agencies and professional associations as determined by the Director of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management. The advisory group shall include, at a minimum, representatives of the following:
(1) Arkansas Department of Emergency Management;
(2) Arkansas Ambulance Association;
(3) Arkansas Association of Chiefs of Police;
(4) Arkansas Association of Fire Chiefs;
(5) Arkansas Citizen Corps Point of Contact;
(6) Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality;
(7) Department of Health;
(8) Arkansas Emergency Management Association;
(9) Arkansas Highway Police Division of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department;
(10) Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission;
(11) Arkansas Municipal League;
(12) National Guard;
(13) 61st Civil Support Team of the National Guard;
(14) Arkansas Sheriffs' Association;
(15) Department of Arkansas State Police;
(16) State Plant Board;
(17) County Judges' Association of Arkansas;
(18) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
(19) Department of Information Systems;
(20) Federal Bureau of Investigation;
(21) Health Resources and Services Administration of the United States Department of Health and Human Services;
(22) United States Secret Service;
(23) United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas; and
(24) United States Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas.
(c) A representative of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management shall serve as chair of the advisory group.
(d) The advisory group shall develop and maintain comprehensive guidelines and procedures that address requirements for the following:
(1) Requesting and providing assistance through the statewide mutual aid system;
(2) Recordkeeping for all participating emergency jurisdictions;
(3) Reimbursement for assistance provided through the statewide mutual aid system; and
(4) Any other process necessary to implement the statewide mutual aid system.
(e) The advisory group shall meet as often as required to:
(1) Review the progress and status of statewide emergency programs;
(2) Assist in developing methods to track and evaluate activation of the statewide mutual aid system; and
(3) Examine issues facing emergency jurisdictions regarding the implementation and management of the statewide mutual aid system.
(f) (1) The advisory group shall prepare at least annually a report on the condition and effectiveness of the statewide mutual aid system and other emergency programs in the state.
(2) The report shall include recommendations with regard to correcting any deficiencies identified by the advisory group in the statewide mutual aid system.
(3) The advisory group shall submit the report annually to the Director of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management and to the House Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs and the Senate Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.