2016 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 5 - Emergency Management
Chapter 75 - Arkansas Emergency Services Act of 1973
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 12-75-116. State and local governmental entities -- Liaison officers
(a) (1) It is the policy of this chapter that each department, commission, agency, or institution of state and local government actively and aggressively support the state offices of emergency management and local offices of emergency management to the end of providing the best possible preparation for response to or recovery from any emergency situation that may occur.
(2) In furtherance of the policy described in subdivision (a)(1) of this section, the head of each state department, commission, agency, or institution with an emergency management role or responsibility shall appoint a member or members of his or her staff as agency emergency management liaison officer or officers to act on his or her behalf in ensuring the agency's capability to fulfill its role in emergency management activities and shall ensure that the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management is notified of any change in the appointment.
(b) The agency emergency management liaison officer shall:
(1) Maintain close and continuous liaison with the department, as applicable;
(2) Prepare agency annexes to the state and, as applicable, local emergency operations plans which are compatible with this chapter and with guidance provided by the department;
(3) Report to the State Emergency Operations Center as required for any disaster training or exercises or emergency training or exercises;
(4) Maintain files of agency resources to include personnel, facilities, and equipment available for disaster operation;
(5) Ensure that the agency can respond promptly and cooperatively with other agencies in any disaster or major emergency situation under the overall management of the department;
(6) Advise, assist, and evaluate the capabilities of counterpart local or federal government agencies in preparing for and carrying out disaster operations;
(7) Designate personnel available for assignment to mobile support units and train such personnel in the tasks to be performed; and
(8) Perform other related functions necessary to carry out the purpose of this chapter.
(c) As conditions or situations may require or dictate, the Director of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management may request a state department, agency, or institution not currently participating in the emergency management liaison officer program to appoint an officer in accordance with this section.
(d) Nothing in subsections (a)-(c) of this section shall be interpreted as relieving or otherwise abridging the responsibility and authority of agency directors in carrying out disaster operations for which their agencies are solely responsible.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.