2016 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 5 - Emergency Management
Chapter 75 - Arkansas Emergency Services Act of 1973
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 12-75-111. Arkansas Department of Emergency Management -- Other powers and duties
(a) The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management shall, with the assistance and cooperation of other state and local government agencies:
(1) Determine requirements of the state and its political subdivisions for food, clothing, and other necessities in event of an emergency;
(2) Procure and pre-position supplies, medicines, materials, and equipment;
(3) Promulgate standards and requirements for local and interjurisdictional emergency operations plans;
(4) Periodically review local and interjurisdictional emergency operations plans;
(5) Provide for mobile support units;
(6) Establish and operate or assist political subdivisions, their local offices of emergency management, and interjurisdictional offices of emergency management to establish and operate training programs and programs of public information;
(7) Make surveys of industries, resources, and facilities within the state, both public and private, as are necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(8) Plan and make arrangements for the availability and use of any private facilities, services, and property and, if necessary and if in fact used, provide for payment for use under terms and conditions agreed upon;
(9) Establish a register of persons with types of training and skills important in emergency prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery;
(10) Establish a register of mobile and construction equipment and temporary housing available for use in a disaster emergency;
(11) Prepare for issuance by the Governor of executive orders, proclamations, and regulations as necessary or appropriate in coping with disasters;
(12) Cooperate with the federal government and any public or private agency or entity in achieving the purpose of this chapter and in implementing programs for disaster prevention, preparation, response, and recovery; and
(13) Do other things necessary, incidental, or appropriate for the implementation of this chapter.
(b) (1) The department shall take an integral part in the development and revision of local and interjurisdictional emergency operations plans prepared under § 12-75-118.
(2) (A) To meet the requirements of subdivision (b)(1) of this section, the department shall employ or otherwise secure the services of professional and technical personnel capable of providing expert assistance to political subdivisions, their local offices of emergency management, interjurisdictional planning, and interjurisdictional offices of emergency management.
(B) Personnel described in subdivision (b)(2)(A) of this section shall consult with political subdivisions, local offices of emergency management, and interjurisdictional offices of emergency management on a regularly scheduled basis and shall make field examinations of the area, circumstances, and conditions to which particular local and interjurisdictional emergency operations plans are intended to apply and may suggest or require revisions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.