2015 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary And Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 16 - Curriculum
Subchapter 10 - Health Education
§ 6-16-1002 - Implementation.
(a) Within six (6) months of August 13, 2001, the Department of Health, in consultation with the Department of Education, shall:
(1) Develop a comprehensive set of criteria for establishing a Kids-For-Health program;
(2) Develop a grant program under which school districts may apply for grants to design and implement local Kids-For-Health programs;
(3) Inform all public schools in Arkansas of the availability of funds for Kids-For-Health programs; and
(4) Develop a plan for monitoring and auditing Kids-For-Health programs.
(b) (1) For purposes of this subchapter, "Kids-For-Health program" means an educational program substantially similar to the Kids-For-Health program already operating in Washington County under the sponsorship of the Washington Regional Medical Center.
(2) Each school district may design a Kids-For-Health program appropriate to that school district, but each Kids-For-Health program shall include the study of general health issues, the study of tobacco and drug abuse prevention and cessation, direct student involvement in health-related activities, attention to self-esteem, body systems and functions, nutrition and fitness, hygiene and safety, community health, and pretesting and posttesting to determine the effectiveness of the local program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.