2015 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 65 - Driving or Boating While Intoxicated
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 5-65-102 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) (A) "Controlled substance" means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through VI.
(B) The fact that any person charged with a violation of this chapter is or has been entitled to use that drug or controlled substance under the laws of this state does not constitute a defense against any charge of violating this chapter;
(2) "Ignition interlock device" means a device that connects a motor vehicle ignition system to a breath-alcohol analyzer and prevents a motor vehicle ignition from starting if a driver's blood alcohol level exceeds the calibration setting on the device;
(3) "Influence", with respect to an underage driver, means being controlled or affected by the ingestion of an alcoholic beverage or similar intoxicant, or any combination of an alcoholic beverage or similar intoxicant, to such a degree that the underage driver's reactions, motor skills, and judgment are altered or diminished, even to the slightest scale, and the underage driver, due to inexperience and lack of skill, constitutes a danger of physical injury or death to himself or herself or another person;
(4) "Intoxicated" means influenced or affected by the ingestion of alcohol, a controlled substance, any intoxicant, or any combination of alcohol, a controlled substance, or an intoxicant, to such a degree that the driver's reactions, motor skills, and judgment are substantially altered and the driver, therefore, constitutes a clear and substantial danger of physical injury or death to himself or herself or another person;
(5) (A) "Motorboat" means any vessel operated upon water and that is propelled by machinery, whether or not the machinery is the principal source of propulsion.
(B) "Motorboat" includes personal watercraft as defined in § 27-101-103(10);
(6) "Sworn report" means a signed and written statement of a certified law enforcement officer, under penalty of perjury, on a form provided by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administration;
(7) "Underage" means any person who is under twenty-one (21) years of age;
(8) "Victim impact statement" means a voluntary written or oral statement of a victim, or relative of a victim, who has sustained serious injury due to a violation of this chapter; and
(9) "Waters of this state" means any public waters within the territorial limits of the State of Arkansas.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.