2015 Arkansas Code
Title 23 - Public Utilities and Regulated Industries
Subtitle 4 - Miscellaneous Regulated Industries
Chapter 113 - Local Option Horse Racing And Greyhound Racing Electronic Games of Skill Act
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 23-113-103 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Arkansas Greyhound Racing Law" means the Arkansas Greyhound Racing Law, § 23-111-101 et seq.;
(2) "Arkansas Horse Racing Law" means the Arkansas Horse Racing Law, § 23-110-101 et seq.;
(3) "Commission" means the Arkansas Racing Commission or its successor having jurisdiction over horse racing and greyhound racing in this state;
(4) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Finance and Administration;
(5) (A) "Electronic games of skill" means games played through any electronic device or machine that afford an opportunity for the exercise of skill or judgment when the outcome is not completely controlled by chance alone.
(B) "Electronic games of skill" does not include pari-mutuel wagering on horse racing and greyhound racing governed by the Arkansas Horse Racing Law, § 23-110-101 et seq., or the Arkansas Greyhound Racing Law, § 23-111-101 et seq., whether pari-mutuel wagering on live racing, simulcast racing, or races conducted in the past and rebroadcast by electronic means;
(6) "Franchise holder" means any person holding a franchise to conduct horse racing under the Arkansas Horse Racing Law, § 23-110-101 et seq., or greyhound racing under the Arkansas Greyhound Racing Law, § 23-111-101 et seq.;
(7) "Net wagering revenues from electronic games of skill" means the gross wagering revenues received by a franchise holder from wagers placed by patrons on electronic games of skill, less amounts paid out or separately reserved under rules of the commission for future pay out to patrons on the wagers; and
(8) "Person" means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, trust, or other entity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.