2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 8 - State Health Agencies and Programs
Subchapter 1 - Health Services Permit Agency
§ 20-8-102 - Health Services Permit Commission -- Creation -- Members -- Meetings.
(a) There is established the Health Services Permit Commission.
(b) The commission shall be composed of the following membership appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate:
(1) A practicing physician;
(2) A representative of the Department of Human Services;
(3) A member of the Arkansas Hospital Association;
(4) A member of the Arkansas Health Care Association;
(5) A member of the Arkansas chapter of AARP, Inc.;
(6) A member of the HomeCare Association of Arkansas;
(7) A consumer knowledgeable in business health insurance;
(8) A member of the Arkansas Residential Assisted Living Association; and
(9) A member of the Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Arkansas.
(c) (1) All appointments shall be for four-year terms.
(2) No member shall be appointed to serve more than two (2) consecutive full terms.
(d) The members shall serve without pay, but those members not employed by the State of Arkansas may receive expense reimbursement in accordance with § 25-16-901 et seq.
(e) The commission shall meet at least quarterly and at such other times as necessary to carry out its duties under this subchapter. The commission shall elect one (1) of its members as chair, and by appropriate adoption of bylaws and rules, may provide for the time, place, and manner of calling its meetings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.