2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 8 - State Health Agencies and Programs
Subchapter 1 - Health Services Permit Agency
§ 20-8-101 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Agency" means the Health Services Permit Agency;
(2) "Category of services" or "health services" means "home healthcare services" as defined by § 20-10-801;
(3) "Commission" means the Health Services Permit Commission;
(4) "Conversion of services" means an alteration of the category of services offered by a health facility;
(5) "Director" means the Director of the Health Services Permit Agency;
(6) (A) "Health facility" means "long-term care facility" as defined by § 20-10-101 or "home healthcare services agency" as defined by § 20-10-801.
(B) "Health facility" shall not mean and nothing in this subchapter shall be deemed to require a permit of approval for or to otherwise regulate in any manner the licensure of:
(i) A "hospital" as defined by and licensed pursuant to § 20-9-201, except when a hospital seeks to add long-term care beds or to convert acute beds to long-term care beds or to add home health services pursuant to a letter of intent filed with the Department of Health after February 15, 1993, or to expand home health services pursuant to a letter of intent filed with the Department of Health after February 15, 1993;
(ii) Offices of private physicians and surgeons;
(iii) Outpatient surgery or imaging centers;
(iv) Post-acute head injury retraining and residential care facilities or establishments operated by the federal government or any agency thereof;
(v) Free-standing radiation therapy centers;
(vi) Expansion, not to exceed fifteen (15) beds, of the twenty-five-bed nonprofit intermediate care facility for individuals with developmental disabilities that provides transitional rehabilitation for pediatric patients;
(vii) Residences for four (4) or fewer individuals with developmental disabilities who receive support and services from nonprofit providers currently licensed by the Division of Developmental Disabilities Services of the Department of Human Services;
(viii) Any facility which is conducted by and for those who rely exclusively upon treatment by prayer for healing in accordance with the tenets or practices of any recognized religious denomination; or
(ix) Any bed or facility used to provide care to delinquent juveniles committed into the care of the Division of Youth Services.
(C) "Health facility" shall not include offices of private physicians and surgeons, outpatient surgery or imaging centers, establishments operated by the federal government or any of its agencies, free-standing radiation therapy centers, or any facility which is conducted by and for those who rely exclusively upon treatment by prayer alone for healing in accordance with the tenets or practices of any recognized religious denomination; and
(7) "Transitional rehabilitation" means rehabilitation that typically results in discharge within twenty-four (24) months after the date of admission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.