2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 25 - Arkansas Manufactured Homes Standards Act
§ 20-25-102 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Authorized representative" means any person or employee approved, certified, or hired by the Director of the Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission to perform inspection services;
(2) "Code" means standards adopted by the Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission;
(3) "Defect" means any defect in the performance, construction, components, or material of a manufactured home that renders the manufactured home or any part of the manufactured home unfit for the ordinary use for which the manufactured home was intended;
(4) "Director" means the Director of the Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission;
(5) "Federal standards" means the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, 42 U.S.C. § 5401 et seq., and applicable regulations promulgated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development when and as adopted by the commission;
(6) "Installation" means work done to stabilize, support, or anchor a manufactured home or to join sections of a multisection manufactured home when any such work is governed by regulations adopted by the commission;
(7) "Installer" means a person, firm, or corporation not otherwise certified who is engaged in the business of installing manufactured homes for himself or herself or on behalf of any other person not certified under this chapter;
(8) "Label" means a label issued by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development or its contract agency to be affixed onto the exterior of the manufactured home to assure compliance with the federal standards;
(9) (A) "Manufactured home" means a structure, transportable in one (1) or more sections, which in the traveling mode is eight (8) body feet or more in width or forty (40) body feet or more in length or, when erected on site, is three hundred twenty square feet (320 sq. ft.) or more and which is built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used as a dwelling with or without a permanent foundation when connected to the required utilities.
(B) "Manufactured home" includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems contained therein.
(C) "Manufactured home" shall include any structure which meets all the requirements of this subdivision (9) except the size requirements and with respect to which the manufacturer voluntarily files a certification required by the Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and complies with the federal standards;
(10) "Manufacturer" means any person, firm, or corporation who manufactures manufactured or modular homes;
(11) "Modular home" means a factory-built structure:
(A) Produced in accordance with state or local construction codes and standards; and
(B) Designed to be used as a dwelling unit with a foundation when connected to the required utilities;
(12) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity; and
(13) "Retailer" means any person in the business of accepting on consignment, buying for resale, selling, or exchanging manufactured or modular homes or offering them to the public for sale, exchange, or lease-purchase, whether for himself or herself or on behalf of any other person not certified as a retailer under this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.