2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 24 - Elevators, Dumbwaiters, and Escalators
§ 20-24-105 - Elevator Safety Board -- Creation -- Members.
(a) There is created the Elevator Safety Board, consisting of six (6) members, one (1) of whom shall be the Director of the Department of Labor, who shall serve continuously, and five (5) of whom shall be appointed by the Governor for terms of four (4) years.
(b) Upon the death, resignation, or incapacity of any member, the Governor shall fill the vacancy, for the remainder of the unexpired term, with a representative of the same interests as those of his or her predecessor.
(c) Of the five (5) members appointed by the Governor:
(1) One (1) shall be a representative of the owners and lessees of elevators within this state;
(2) One (1) shall be a representative of the manufacturers of elevators used within this state;
(3) One (1) shall be a representative of an insurance company authorized to insure the operation of elevators in this state;
(4) One (1) shall be a representative of the public at large; and
(5) One (1) shall be appointed by the Governor after consulting with the board of trustees of the Elevator Industry Work Preservation Fund and subject to confirmation by the Senate.
(d) The board shall meet at the call of the director who shall designate in the call the time and place of the meeting.
(e) The members except the director may receive expense reimbursement and stipends in accordance with § 25-16-901 et seq.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.