2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 22 - Fire Prevention, Protection, and Safety
Subchapter 7 - Fireworks
§ 20-22-701 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Distributor" means any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks at wholesale in this state to any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks either as a jobber or a retailer, or both;
(2) "I.C.C. Class C common fireworks" means all articles of fireworks classified as "I.C.C. Class C common fireworks" as defined in § 20-22-708 and in the regulations of the Interstate Commerce Commission for the transportation of explosives and other dangerous articles;
(3) "Importer" means any person who imports, brings in, or causes to be brought in any fireworks from outside the geographical limits of the State of Arkansas into this state;
(4) "Jobber" means any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks at wholesale to any other person engaged in the business of making sales at retail. "Wholesaler" shall have the same meaning as "jobber";
(5) "License" means the written authority of the Director of the Department of Arkansas State Police issued under the authority of this subchapter to a distributor, jobber, wholesaler, manufacturer, importer, or retailer for a fee as provided in § 20-22-707;
(6) "Manufacturer" means any person engaged in the making or construction of fireworks in the State of Arkansas or any person engaged in the making or construction of fireworks who ships or causes to be shipped, or transports or causes to be transported, any items of fireworks into the State of Arkansas;
(7) "Permit" means the written authority of the Director of the Department of Arkansas State Police issued for a public fireworks display under the authority of this subchapter;
(8) "Person" means any corporation, association, copartnership, or one (1) or more individuals;
(9) "Retailer" means any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks at retail to consumers or to persons other than a distributor or jobber;
(10) "Sale" means barter, exchange, gift, or offer therefor, and each such transaction made by any person, whether as principal, proprietor, agent, servant, or employee;
(11) "Shooter" means any person conducting any combination of fireworks, pyrotechnics, or special effects displays within the State of Arkansas; and
(12) "Special fireworks" means all articles of fireworks that are classified as Class B explosives in the regulations of the Interstate Commerce Commission and shall include all articles other than those classified as Class C but shall not include such dangerous items of commercial fireworks as cherry bombs, tubular salutes, repeating bombs, aerial bombs, torpedoes, and fireworks containing more than fifty milligrams (50mg) of explosive powder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.