2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 16 - Reproductive Health
Subchapter 16 - Advancing Women's Health Act of 2015
§ 20-16-1601 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) (A) "Abortion" means the act of using or prescribing an instrument, medicine, drug, device, or another substance or means with the intent to terminate the clinically diagnosable pregnancy of a woman with knowledge that the termination by those means will with reasonable likelihood cause the death of the unborn child.
(B) An act under subdivision (1)(A) of this section is not an abortion if the act is performed with the intent to:
(i) Save the life of the mother;
(ii) Save the life or preserve the health of the unborn child;
(iii) Remove a dead unborn child caused by spontaneous abortion; or
(iv) Remove an ectopic pregnancy;
(2) "Abortion referral" means the act of recommending a pregnant woman to a doctor, clinic, or other person or entity for the purpose of obtaining or learning about obtaining an abortion;
(3) "Affiliate" means an individual or entity that, directly or indirectly, owns, controls, is controlled by, or is under the common control of another person or entity, in whole or in part, or a subsidiary, parent, or sibling entity;
(4) "Pregnancy" means the female reproductive condition of having an unborn child in the woman's uterus; and
(5) "Unborn child" means the offspring of human beings from fertilization until birth.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.