2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 16 - Reproductive Health
Subchapter 10 - Human Cloning
§ 20-16-1002 - Prohibited acts -- Penalties.
(a) It is unlawful for any person or entity, public or private, to intentionally or knowingly:
(1) Perform or attempt to perform human cloning;
(2) Participate in an attempt to perform human cloning;
(3) Ship, transfer, or receive for any purpose an embryo produced by human cloning; or
(4) Ship, transfer, or receive, in whole or in part, any oocyte, embryo, fetus, or human somatic cell for the purpose of human cloning.
(b) A violation of subdivision (a)(1) of this section or a violation of subdivision (a)(2) of this section, or both, is a Class C felony.
(c) A violation of subdivision (a)(3) of this section or a violation of subdivision (a)(4) of this section, or both, is a Class A misdemeanor.
(d) (1) In addition to any criminal penalty that may be levied, any person or entity that violates any provision of this section shall be subject to a fine of not less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000) or two (2) times the amount of any pecuniary gain that is received by the person or entity, whichever is greater.
(2) All fines collected shall be placed into the general revenues of the State of Arkansas.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.