2015 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 16 - Reproductive Health
Subchapter 10 - Human Cloning
§ 20-16-1001 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Asexual reproduction" means reproduction not initiated by the union of oocyte and sperm;
(2) "Embryo" means an organism of the species Homo sapiens from the single cell stage to eight (8) weeks of development;
(3) "Fetus" means an organism of the species Homo sapiens from eight (8) weeks of development until complete expulsion or extraction from a woman's body or removal from an artificial womb or other similar environment designed to nurture the development of the organism;
(4) "Human cloning" means human asexual reproduction, accomplished by introducing the genetic material from one (1) or more human somatic cells into a fertilized or unfertilized oocyte whose nuclear material has been removed or inactivated so as to produce a living organism, at any stage of development, that is genetically virtually identical to an existing or previously existing human organism;
(5) "Oocyte" means the human female germ cell, the egg; and
(6) "Somatic cell" means a diploid cell, having a complete cell of chromosomes, obtained or derived from a living or deceased human body at any stage of development.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.