2015 Arkansas Code
Title 18 - Property
Subtitle 2 - Real Property
Chapter 16 - Landlord and Tenant
Subchapter 3 - Security Deposits
§ 18-16-301 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Dwelling unit" means a structure or the part of the structure that is used as a home, residence, or sleeping place by one (1) person who maintains a household or by two (2) or more persons who maintain a common household;
(2) "Landlord" means the owner, lessor, or sublessor of the dwelling unit or the building of which it is a part;
(3) "Owner" means one (1) or more persons, jointly or severally, in whom is vested:
(A) All or part of the legal title to property; or
(B) All or part of the beneficial ownership and a right to present use and enjoyment of the premises. The term includes a mortgagor in possession;
(4) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or other organization;
(5) "Premises" means a dwelling unit and the structure of which it is a part and facilities and appurtenances therein and grounds, areas, and facilities held out for the use of tenants generally or whose use is promised to the tenant;
(6) "Rent" means all payments to be made to the landlord under the rental agreement;
(7) "Rental agreement" means all written or oral agreements and valid rules and regulations embodying the terms and conditions concerning the use and occupancy of a dwelling unit and premises; and
(8) "Tenant" means a person entitled under a rental agreement to occupy a dwelling unit to the exclusion of others.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.