2015 Arkansas Code
Title 17 - Professions, Occupations, and Businesses
Subtitle 3 - Medical Professions
Chapter 82 - Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants
Subchapter 3 - Licensing Generally
§ 17-82-312 - Annual renewal -- Relicensing.
(a) A dentist or dental hygienist whose license has been automatically forfeited pursuant to § 17-82-311 shall be relicensed at any time until January 1 of the year following the forfeiture by:
(1) Applying in writing to the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners;
(2) Paying all accrued renewal fees as established under § 17-82-310 and provided for in the regulations of the board, plus an additional penalty of two hundred dollars ($200); and
(3) Furnishing such proof as the board may require that, in the period since January 1 of the year when his or her license ought first to have been effected, he or she has continuously conducted himself or herself in an ethical and proper fashion and complied with the regulations of the board and the provisions of the Arkansas Dental Practice Act, § 17-82-101 et seq.
(b) A dentist or dental hygienist who applies for relicensing, following forfeiture, after two (2) years from January 1 of the year when his or her license ought first to have been effected may be relicensed by:
(1) Complying with the requirements of subsection (a) of this section; and
(2) (A) Undergoing reexamination and passing the examination required by the regulations of the board.
(B) The reexamination shall consist of clinical skills only.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.