2014 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary And Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 21 - School Property And Supplies
Subchapter 6 - Miscellaneous Offenses
§ 6-21-609 - Prohibition against smoking, the use of tobacco or tobacco products, or the use of e-cigarettes.
(a) As used in this section, "e-cigarette" means an electronic oral device that provides a vapor of nicotine or another substance that, when used or inhaled simulates smoking, including without limitation a device that:
(1) Is composed of a heating element, battery, or electronic circuit, or a combination of heating element, battery, and electronic circuit;
(2) Works in combination with a liquid nicotine delivery device composed either in whole or in part of pure nicotine and propylene glycol and manufactured for use with e-cigarettes; and
(3) Is manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an e-cigarette, e-cigar, e-pipe, or under any other name or descriptor.
(b) Smoking tobacco, the use of tobacco or tobacco products, or the use of e-cigarettes is prohibited:
(1) In or on real property owned or leased by a public school district, including a public charter school; or
(2) In or on personal property, including without limitation school buses, owned or leased by a public school district, including a public charter school.
(c) A copy of this statute shall be posted in a conspicuous location at every entrance to each building owned or leased by a public school district and every school bus used to transport public school students.
(d) A person who violates this section commits a violation punishable by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.