2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 2 - County Government
Chapter 22 - County Purchasing Procedures
§ 14-22-101 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Commodities" means all supplies, goods, material, equipment, machinery, facilities, personal property, and services other than personal services, purchased for or on behalf of the county;
(2) "Formal bidding" means the procedure to be followed in the solicitation and receipt of sealed bids, wherein:
(A) Notice shall be given of the date, time, and place of opening of bids, and the names or a brief description and the specifications of the commodities for which bids are to be received, by one (1) insertion in a newspaper with a general circulation in the county, not less than ten (10) days nor more than thirty (30) days prior to the date fixed for opening such bids;
(B) Not less than ten (10) days in advance of the date fixed for opening the bids, notices and bid forms shall be furnished to all eligible bidders on the bid list for the class of commodities on which bids are to be received, and to all others requesting them; and
(C) At least ten (10) days in advance of the date fixed for opening bids, a copy of the notice of invitation to bid shall be posted in a conspicuous place in the county courthouse;
(3) "Open market purchases" means those purchases of commodities by any purchasing official in which competitive bidding is not required;
(4) "Purchase" means not only the outright purchase of a commodity, but also the acquisition of commodities under rental-purchase agreements or lease-purchase agreements or any other types of agreements whereby the county has an option to buy the commodity and to apply the rental payments on the purchase price thereof;
(5) "Purchase price" means the full sale or bid price of any commodity, without any allowance for trade-in;
(6) "Purchasing official" means any county official, individual, board, or commission, or his or her or its lawfully designated agent, with constitutional authority to contract or make purchases on behalf of the county;
(7) "Trade-in purchases" means all purchases where offers must be included with the bids of each bidder for trade-in allowance for used commodities; and
(8) (A) "Used or secondhand motor vehicles, equipment, or machinery" means any motor vehicles, equipment, or machinery at least two (2) years in age from the date of original manufacture or that has at least five hundred (500) working hours' prior use or ten thousand (10,000) miles' prior use.
(B) (i) Any purchase of a used motor vehicle, equipment, or machinery shall be accompanied by a statement in writing from the vendor on the bill of sale or other document that the motor vehicle, equipment, or machinery is at least two (2) years in age from the date of original manufacture or has been used a minimum of five hundred (500) hours or driven a minimum of ten thousand (10,000) miles.
(ii) This statement shall be filed with the county clerk at the time of purchase.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.