2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 2 - County Government
Chapter 15 - Officers
Subchapter 10 - County Collectors
§ 14-15-1001 - Continuing education -- Board and fund.
(a) There is hereby created the County Collector's Continuing Education Board, which shall be composed of the following six (6) members:
(1) Four (4) members of the Arkansas County Tax Collectors' Association, designated by the Arkansas County Tax Collectors' Association;
(2) One (1) member designated by the Association of Arkansas Counties; and
(3) The Auditor of State or a person designated by the Auditor of State.
(b) (1) It shall be the responsibility of the County Collector's Continuing Education Board to establish a continuing education program for county collectors and sheriff-collectors of the various counties in the state. This program shall be designed to better equip persons elected to serve as county collectors and as sheriff-collectors to carry out their official responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner. The program shall include requirements and procedures for an effective certification program for county collectors.
(2) It shall also be the responsibility of the board to disburse any funds made available to it from the County Collectors' Continuing Education Trust Fund to establish and maintain a continuing education program and a certification program for county collectors.
(c) (1) (A) There is created on the books of the Treasurer of State, the Auditor of State, and the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State the County Collectors' Continuing Education Trust Fund.
(B) The quorum court of each county shall annually appropriate and pay into the fund in the State Treasury the sum of seven hundred dollars ($700) from fees of the office of county collector.
(C) If any quorum court shall fail or refuse to appropriate and pay over the funds to the County Collectors' Continuing Education Trust Fund in the State Treasury, the Treasurer of State shall withhold funds from the county aid due to the county and shall credit the funds to the County Collectors' Continuing Education Trust Fund.
(2) The trust fund shall consist of all moneys required to be paid in annually as set out herein, all interest earned from the investment of fund balances, and any remaining fund balances carried forward from year to year.
(d) The funds in the County Collectors' Continuing Education Trust Fund shall be used exclusively for the establishment and operation of a continuing education program for county collectors and sheriff-collectors and for paying the meals, lodging, registration fees, and mileage at the rate prescribed in state travel regulations of county collectors and sheriff-collectors who attend the continuing education programs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.