2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 2 - County Government
Chapter 14 - County Government Code
Subchapter 6 - Alternative Organizations
§ 14-14-603 - Offices included.
(a) Within the purposes of this chapter, the term "elective county office" shall mean any office created under the provisions of Arkansas Constitution Article 7, § 19, as amended by Arkansas Constitution, Amendment 24, § 3, and Arkansas Constitution, Article 7, § 46.
(b) The elective county offices established by these constitutional provisions are:
(1) One (1) sheriff, who shall be ex officio collector of taxes, unless otherwise provided by law;
(2) One (1) collector of taxes, where established by law;
(3) One (1) assessor;
(4) One (1) coroner;
(5) One (1) treasurer, who shall be ex officio treasurer of the common school fund;
(6) One (1) surveyor;
(7) One (1) clerk of the circuit court, who shall be clerk of the probate division of circuit court and ex officio clerk of the county court and recorder, unless otherwise provided by law; and
(8) One (1) county clerk, where established by law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.