2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 2 - County Government
Chapter 14 - County Government Code
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 14-14-108 - Public hearings.
Unless otherwise specifically provided, when a county court or county quorum court is required to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of providing reasonable opportunity for citizen participation prior to any final decision by either court, the hearing shall meet the following requirements:
(1) At a minimum, a public hearing shall provide for submission of both oral and written testimony for and against the action or matter at issue. If the hearing is not held before the ultimate decisionmakers, provision shall be made for the transmittal of a summary or transcript of the testimony received to the ultimate decisionmakers prior to their determination;
(2) Public hearings may be held at regular or special meetings of each of the courts;
(3) The person or authority holding the public hearing may include in the notice calling the hearing any special procedures or guidelines to be followed at the hearing;
(4) Petitions and letters received by the respective body conducting a public hearing prior to the hearing shall be entered into the minutes of the hearing and considered as other testimony received at the hearing; and
(5) Except for budget and appropriation hearings, the quorum court may designate a subcommittee to conduct any public hearings on county legislative affairs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.