2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 16 - Public Health And Welfare Generally
Chapter 265 - Health Care Facilities
§ 14-265-101 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "County" means a county of this state, or, where a county is divided into two (2) districts, "county" means the entire county or either district of the county;
(2) "Governing body" means the council, board of directors, or city commission of any municipality;
(3) "Municipality" means a city of the first or second class or an incorporated town;
(4) "Equip" means to install or place on or in any building or structure equipment of any and every kind, whether or not affixed, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, building service equipment, fixtures, heating equipment, air conditioning equipment, machinery, furniture, furnishings, and personal property of every kind;
(5) "Sell" means to sell for such price, in such manner, and upon such terms as the municipality or county shall determine including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, private or public sale, and, if public, pursuant to such advertisement as the municipality or county shall determine. "Sell" also means to sell for cash or credit payable in a lump sum or in installments over such period as the municipality or county shall determine and, if on credit, with or without interest and at such rate or rates as the municipality or county shall determine;
(6) "Lease" means to lease for such rentals, for such period or periods, and upon such terms and conditions as the municipality or county shall determine including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the granting of purchase options for such prices and upon such terms and conditions as the municipality or county shall determine;
(7) "Facilities" means any real property, personal property, or mixed property of any and every kind that can be used or that will be used for or in the operation of the hospital, nursing home, rest home, or related facilities including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, rights-of-way, roads, streets, pipes, pipelines, reservoirs, utilities, materials, equipment, fixtures, machinery, furniture, furnishings, instrumentalities, commodities, supplies, and other real, personal, or mixed property of every kind;
(8) "Construct" means to acquire or build, in whole or in part, in such manner and by such method, including contracting therefor, and, if the latter, by negotiation or bidding upon terms and pursuant to advertising, as the municipality or county shall determine to be in the public interest and, under the circumstances existing at the time, to accomplish the purposes of and authorities set forth in this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.