2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 16 - Public Health And Welfare Generally
Chapter 262 - Local Health Authorities
§ 14-262-114 - County or district boards of health -- Meetings -- Compensation.
(a) (1) Each board shall, at its organizational meeting, elect from its members a president and such other officers as it shall determine.
(2) The public health officer of the county or district health department, as provided in this act, may serve as secretary, in the discretion of the board, but he shall not be a member of the board.
(3) All officers shall hold office at the pleasure of the board.
(b) (1) Regular meetings of the board shall be held not less than once every year, at such time as it may be fixed by resolution of the board.
(2) Special meetings of the board may be called by the president, by the county or district public health officer, or by a majority of the members of the board, at any time with three (3) days' notice by mail or, in case of emergency, with twenty-four (24) hours' notice by telephone or telegraph.
(3) The board may adopt, and at any time may amend, bylaws in relation to its meetings and the transaction of its business.
(4) A majority shall constitute a quorum of the board.
(5) Members shall serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed by the county in which the member resides for the actual and legal expenses incurred in attending any called regular or special meeting of the board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.