2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 16 - Public Health And Welfare Generally
Chapter 262 - Local Health Authorities
§ 14-262-112 - Public health officers -- Powers and duties.
In addition to the other powers and duties conferred and imposed upon a public health officer in this act, the officer, in person or through the other officers and employees of the department, shall have and exercise the following powers and duties:
(1) To administer and enforce the public health laws of the State of Arkansas; the orders, rules, regulations, and standards of the State Board of Health; and the orders, rules, and regulations of the county or district board of health;
(2) To exercise all powers and duties conferred and imposed upon county or district health departments not expressly delegated to county or district boards of health by the provisions of this act;
(3) To act as the local registrar of vital statistics for the area over which his county or district health department has jurisdiction, as follows:
(A) In county health departments, he shall collect fees for this service that shall be credited to the department fund and used in the administration of the department;
(B) In district health departments, the health officer shall appoint a deputy registrar in each county who shall be a full-time employee of the department, and the fees collected for this service shall be credited to the department and used in the administration of the department.
(4) To be custodian of all property and records of the department;
(5) To submit to the State Board of Health an annual report of the administration of his department and such information as may be required, to maintain such records as may be prescribed by the State Board of Health, and to provide such reports as may be requested, including the provision of an annual report.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.