2014 Arkansas Code
Title 14 - Local Government
Subtitle 15 - Solid Waste Disposal, Waterworks, And Sewer Improvement Districts
Chapter 250 - Wastewater Treatment Districts
§ 14-250-102 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Acquire" means and includes construct or acquire by purchase, lease, devise, gift, or other mode of acquisition;
(2) "Board" or "board of directors" means the board of a wastewater district organized under the authority of this chapter;
(3) "Department" means the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality;
(4) "District" or "wastewater district" means a nonprofit regional wastewater treatment district organized under the authority of this chapter;
(5) "Obligation" includes bonds, notes, debentures, interim certificates or receipts, and all other evidences of indebtedness issued by a regional wastewater district formed under this chapter; and
(6) "Person" includes any natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state agency, state or political subdivision thereof, municipality, or any body politic.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.