2012 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 60 - General Provisions
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 5-60-112 - Misconduct on bus -- In general.
(a) As used in this section:
(1) "Bus" means any passenger bus or coach or other motor vehicle having a seating capacity of not fewer than fifteen (15) passengers operated by a bus transportation company for the purpose of carrying passengers or cargo for hire, but not to include a bus or coach utilized exclusively to transport children to and from schools;
(2) (A) "Bus transportation company" means any person, group of persons, or corporation providing for-hire transport to passengers or cargo by a bus upon a highway of this state.
(B) "Bus transportation company" includes a bus transportation facility owned or operated by a local public body, municipality, public corporation, board, and commission, except a school district established under the laws of this state.
(C) "Bus transportation company" does not include a company utilizing a bus for transporting children to and from school;
(3) "Charter" means a group of persons who, pursuant to a common purpose and under a single contract and at a fixed charge for the vehicle in accordance with a bus transportation company's tariff, have acquired the exclusive use of a bus to travel together as a group to a specified destination; and
(4) (A) "Passenger" means any person served by a bus transportation company.
(B) "Passenger" includes a person accompanying or meeting another person who is transported by a bus transportation company and any person shipping or receiving cargo.
(b) It is unlawful while on a bus for any person to:
(1) Threaten a breach of the peace;
(2) Be under the influence of alcohol;
(3) Be unlawfully under the influence of a controlled substance;
(4) Ingest or have in his or her possession any controlled substance unless properly prescribed by a physician or medical facility;
(5) Drink intoxicating liquor of any kind in or upon any passenger bus, except a chartered bus; or
(6) Fail to obey a reasonable request or order of a bus driver or any authorized bus transportation company representative.
(c) (1) If any person violates any provision of subsection (b) of this section, the driver of the bus or person in charge may:
(A) Stop the bus at the place where the offense is committed or at the next regular or convenient stopping place of the bus; and
(B) Require the person to leave the bus.
(2) Any person violating any provision of subsection (b) of this section is deemed guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.