2012 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 4 - Motor Vehicular Traffic
Chapter 51 - Operation Of Vehicles -- Rules Of The Road
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 27-51-104 - Careless and prohibited driving.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any vehicle in such a careless manner as to evidence a failure to keep a proper lookout for other traffic, vehicular or otherwise, or in such a manner as to evidence a failure to maintain proper control on the public thoroughfares or private property in the State of Arkansas.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or drive any vehicle on the public thoroughfares or private property in the State of Arkansas in violation of the following prohibited acts:
(1) Improper or unsafe lane changes on public roadways;
(2) Driving onto or across private property to avoid intersections, stop signs, traffic control devices, or traffic lights;
(3) Driving in such a manner or at such a speed so as to cause a skidding, spinning, or sliding of tires or a sliding of the vehicle;
(4) Driving too close to or colliding with parked or stopped vehicles, fixtures, persons, or objects adjacent to the public thoroughfares;
(5) Driving a vehicle which has any part thereof or any object extended in such fashion as to endanger persons or property;
(6) To operate any vehicle in such a manner which would cause a failure to maintain control;
(7) To operate or drive a vehicle wherein or whereon passengers are located in such a manner as to be dangerous to the welfare of such passengers; or
(8) To operate a vehicle in any manner when the driver is inattentive and such inattention is not reasonable and prudent in maintaining vehicular control.
(c) A person who violates this section shall be subject to a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.