2012 Arkansas Code
Title 23 - Public Utilities and Regulated Industries
Subtitle 2 - Financial Institutions And Securities
Chapter 55 - Uniform Money Services Act.
Article 8 - Enforcement
§ 23-55-801 - Suspension and revocation.
(a) The commissioner may suspend or revoke a license or order a licensee to revoke the designation of an authorized delegate if:
(1) the licensee violates this chapter or a rule adopted or an order issued under this chapter;
(2) the licensee does not cooperate with an examination or investigation by the commissioner;
(3) the licensee engages in fraud, intentional misrepresentation, or gross negligence;
(4) an authorized delegate is convicted of a violation of a state or federal anti-money laundering statute, or violates a rule adopted or an order issued under this chapter, as a result of the licensee's willful misconduct or willful blindness;
(5) the competence, experience, character, or general fitness of the licensee, authorized delegate, person in control of a licensee, or responsible person of the licensee or authorized delegate indicates that it is not in the public interest to permit the person to provide money services;
(6) the licensee engages in an unsafe or unsound practice;
(7) the licensee is insolvent, suspends payment of its obligations, or makes a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors;
(8) the licensee does not remove an authorized delegate after the commissioner issues and serves upon the licensee a final order including a finding that the authorized delegate has violated this chapter; or
(9) the licensee is the subject of an order, including a denial, suspension, or revocation, by this or any other state or federal authority that was entered against the person within the past 5 years, including without limitation the money services industry.
(b) In determining whether a licensee is engaging in an unsafe or unsound practice, the commissioner may consider the size and condition of the licensee's money transmission, the magnitude of the loss, the gravity of the violation of this chapter, and the previous conduct of the person involved.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.