2012 Arkansas Code
Title 22 - Public Property
Chapter 3 - Public Buildings and Other Facilities
Subchapter 12 - -- Public Facilities Financing
§ 22-3-1203 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Agency" or "state agency" means any agency, board, officer, commission, department, division, or institution of the State of Arkansas;
(2) (A) "Building" or "buildings" means any and all buildings and related facilities constructed or acquired and equipped for the housing of inmates committed to, or in the custody of, the Department of Correction; any and all buildings and related facilities constructed, acquired, or equipped for the purpose of expanding the prison agriculture and industry programs within the department; and any and all buildings constructed, acquired, or equipped for any state-supported institution of higher education, the construction, acquisition, or equipping of which are authorized by this subchapter.
(B) The term "building" or "buildings" means a single building or complex of buildings or an expansion of an existing building or complex of buildings as may be determined best to serve the needs of the department or state-supported institutions of higher education and shall refer to and include such related structures, fixtures, and facilities as may be determined to be appropriate;
(3) "Certificates of indebtedness" means certificates of indebtedness authorized by and issued pursuant to the provisions of this subchapter;
(4) (A) "Construct" or "construction" means to acquire, construct, reconstruct, remodel, expand, install, or equip all lands, buildings, structures, improvements, or other property, either real, personal, or mixed, which is useful in connection with the building, and to make other necessary expenditures in connection therewith by such methods and in such manner as the Arkansas Building Authority shall determine to be necessary or desirable to accomplish the powers, purposes, and authorities set forth in this subchapter.
(B) The term "construct" or "construction" shall be construed as including purchasing instructional equipment and major maintenance projects;
(5) "Department" means the Department of Correction created by § 12-27-103 and any successor agency;
(6) "Division" means any division, bureau, section, office, or officer of the Department of Correction;
(7) "Equip" means to install or place on or in any building or structure, or in connection with the use and operation of any building or structure, equipment of any and every kind, whether or not affixed, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, equipment used or employed in connection with the prison agriculture and industry programs; instructional equipment, materials, and books for use by any state-supported institution of higher education; and any and all library and reference books and materials;
(8) "1977 Bonds" means the Arkansas State Building Services Department of Public Safety Revenue Bonds dated September 1, 1977, authorized by and issued under Acts 1977, No. 490;
(9) "1979 Bonds" means the Arkansas State Building Services Department of Public Safety Revenue Bonds dated September 1, 1979, authorized by and issued under Acts 1977, No. 490;
(10) "Pledged revenues" means all nontax revenues authorized by § 22-3-1210 to be pledged for the security and payment of the certificates of indebtedness;
(11) "Surplus moneys" means pledged revenues plus any assets in the Public Facilities Debt Service Fund in amounts over and above that required for debt service when it comes due; and
(12) "The Arkansas Building Authority" means the Arkansas Building Authority, being the agency created by § 22-2-104, or any successor agency.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.