2012 Arkansas Code
Title 22 - Public Property
Chapter 3 - Public Buildings and Other Facilities
Subchapter 10 - -- War Memorial Stadium
§ 22-3-1002 - Powers and duties of Stadium Commission generally.
The Stadium Commission shall have and be subject to the powers and duties conferred or imposed upon it by this subchapter; and for the purpose of regulating its own procedure and carrying out its powers and duties, it shall have the authority to make, amend, and enforce all necessary or desirable rules or regulations not inconsistent with law. Subject to the applicable limitations provided in this subchapter, the commission shall:
(1) Have exclusive jurisdiction for the government of the stadium;
(2) Purchase, lease, or rent any real property, or acquire any real property by the exercise of its right of eminent domain, that right being vested in the commission;
(3) Purchase, lease, or rent any corporeal or personal property;
(4) Receive bequests or donations of any real, corporeal, or personal property;
(5) Sell, barter, lease, or rent any real, corporeal, or personal property or convert into money any property which cannot be used in the form received;
(6) Fix the amount of admissions, fees, commissions, concessions, rents, and other charges to be collected by the commission for the use of the stadium for athletic or other events;
(7) Establish accounts in one (1) or more banks and thereafter, from time to time, make deposits in and withdrawals from these accounts;
(8) Contract and be contracted with;
(9) Exercise such police powers within the bounds of any real property owned or controlled by it as may be necessary to abate nuisances and otherwise keep the peace; and
(10) Take such other action, not inconsistent with law, as it may deem necessary or desirable to carry out the intent and purposes of this subchapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.