2012 Arkansas Code
Title 17 - Professions, Occupations, and Businesses
Subtitle 3 - Medical Professions
Chapter 95 - Physicians and Surgeons
Subchapter 2 - -- Arkansas Medical Practices Act -- General Provisions
§ 17-95-206 - Out-of-state physicians.
A physician who is physically located outside this state but who through the use of any medium, including an electronic medium, performs an act that is part of a patient care service initiated in this state, including the performance or interpretation of an X-ray examination or the preparation or interpretation of pathological material that would affect the diagnosis or treatment of the patient, is engaged in the practice of medicine in this state for the purposes of this chapter and is subject to this chapter and to appropriate regulation by the Arkansas State Medical Board. This section does not apply to:
(1) The acts of a medical specialist located in another jurisdiction who provides only episodic consultation services;
(2) The acts of a physician located in another jurisdiction who is providing consultation services to a medical school;
(3) Decisions regarding the denial or approval of coverage under any insurance or health maintenance organization plan;
(4) A service to be performed which is not available in the state;
(5) A physician physically seeing a patient in person in another jurisdiction; or
(6) Other acts exempted by the board by regulation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.