There is a newer version of the Arkansas Code
2010 Arkansas Code
9-8-207. Records confidential.
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 2 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 8 - General Provisions
Subchapter 2 - Arkansas Subsidized Guardianship Act
§ 9-8-207 - Records confidential.
(a) All subsidized guardianship records personally identifying a juvenile shall be confidential and shall not be released or otherwise made available except to the following persons or entities and to the extent permitted by federal law:
(1) The guardian;
(2) The attorney for the guardian;
(3) The child;
(4) The attorney ad litem for the child;
(5) For purposes of review or audit by the appropriate federal or state agency;
(6) A grand jury or court upon a finding that information in the record is necessary for the determination of an issue before the grand jury or court;
(7) (A) Individual federal and state representatives and senators in their official capacity and their staff members with no redisclosure of information.
(B) No disclosure of any information that identifies by name or address any recipient of a subsidy or service shall be made to any committee or legislative body; and
(8) The administration of any federal program or federally assisted program that provides assistance, in cash or in kind, or services directly to individuals on the basis of need.
(b) (1) Any person or agency to whom disclosure is made shall not disclose to any other person any personally identifying information obtained pursuant to this section.
(2) Nothing in this subsection shall prevent subsequent disclosure by the guardian or the child.
(3) Any person disclosing information in violation of this subsection shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.