There is a newer version of the Arkansas Code
2010 Arkansas Code
9-14-215. Fees in actions under Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 2 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 14 - Spousal and Child Support
Subchapter 2 - Enforcement Generally
§ 9-14-215 - Fees in actions under Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
(a) (1) There shall be no filing fee, service fee, or other costs collected from the Office of Child Support Enforcement of the Revenue Division of the Department of Finance and Administration or any attorney acting on its behalf for actions brought under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, 9-17-101 et seq.
(2) The court may direct such fees and costs to be paid by the noncustodial parent to the clerk of the court and the sheriff upon adjudication of the case.
(b) (1) The clerk and the sheriff may collect fees in all other cases from the office by submitting monthly or quarterly statements for their services.
(2) Each statement shall clearly note the full name of the noncustodial parent thereon.
(3) No clerk or sheriff may refuse service to the office or its attorney for its failure to pay the fees in advance.
(c) (1) A circuit clerk may collect from the noncustodial parent a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) for completion of income withholding forms for a custodial parent pursuant to this subchapter.
(2) A notice of this fee shall be sent to the noncustodial parent along with the notice pursuant to 9-14-221.
(3) After thirty (30) days, upon nonpayment of the fee by the noncustodial parent, the clerk may notify the payor who shall withhold the fee and remit the fee to the clerk.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.