2010 Arkansas Code
9-5-110. Interagency memorandum of understanding.
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Chapter 5 - Arkansas Child Safety Center Act
§ 9-5-110 - Interagency memorandum of understanding.
(a) Before a child safety center may be established under this chapter, a memorandum of understanding regarding the agreement on the levels of participation of each entity shall be executed among:
(1) The Division of Children and Family Services of the Department of Human Services;
(2) The Crimes Against Children Division of the Department of Arkansas State Police;
(3) Representatives of county and municipal law enforcement agencies that investigate child abuse in the area to be served by the child safety center; and
(4) The prosecuting attorney.
(b) A memorandum of understanding executed under this section shall include the agreement on the levels of each entity's participation and cooperation in:
(1) Developing a cooperative, multidisciplinary-team approach to investigations of child abuse;
(2) Reducing, to the greatest extent possible, the number of interviews required of a victim of child abuse with the goal of minimizing the negative impact of the investigation on the child; and
(3) Developing, maintaining, and supporting, through the child safety center, an environment that emphasizes the best interests of children and that provides best practices in child abuse investigations.
(c) A memorandum of understanding executed under this section may include the agreement of one (1) or more participating entities to provide office space and administrative services necessary for the child safety center's operation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.