2010 Arkansas Code
Title 8 - Environmental Law
Chapter 6 - Disposal of Solid Wastes and Other Refuse
Subchapter 2 - Solid Waste Management Act
§ 8-6-203 - Definitions.
As used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Commission" means the Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission;
(2) "Department" means the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality;
(3) "Disposal site" means any place at which solid waste is dumped, abandoned, or accepted or disposed of for final disposition by incineration, landfilling, composting, or any other method;
(4) "Municipality" means a city of the first class, a city of the second class, or an incorporated town;
(5) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company, firm, partnership, association, trust, state agency, government instrumentality or agency, institution, county, city, town, municipal authority or trust, venture, or other legal entity, however organized;
(6) "Solid waste" means any garbage or refuse, sludge from a wastewater treatment plant, water supply treatment plant, or air pollution control facility, and other discarded material, including solid, liquid, semisolid, or contained gaseous material resulting from industrial, commercial, mining, and agricultural operations, and from community activities, but does not include solid or dissolved materials in domestic sewage, or solid or dissolved materials in irrigation return flows or industrial discharges that are point sources subject to permit under 33 U.S.C. 1342, or source, special nuclear, or by-products material as defined by the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, 68 Stat. 923;
(7) "Solid waste board" or "board" means a regional solid waste planning board or a solid waste service area board, or its successor, created under 8-6-701 et seq.;
(8) "Solid waste management system" means the entire process of source reduction, storage, collection, transportation, processing, waste minimization, recycling, and disposal of solid wastes by any person engaging in the process as a business or by any municipality, authority, trust, county, or by any combination thereof; and
(9) "Transfer station" means a facility that is used to manage the removal, compaction, and transfer of solid waste from collection vehicles and other small vehicles to greater capacity transport vehicles.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.