2010 Arkansas Code
6-61-221. Reporting of graduates requiring postsecondary remediation.
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 5 - Postsecondary And Higher Education Generally
Chapter 61 - Postsecondary Institutions Generally
Subchapter 2 - Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
§ 6-61-221 - Reporting of graduates requiring postsecondary remediation.
(a) (1) The Department of Higher Education shall collect information necessary to prepare reports of college achievement of high school graduates from each state-supported institution of higher education.
(2) The Department of Higher Education may contract with appropriate organizations for the preparation of the reports.
(b) The Department of Higher Education and the Office of Accountability of the Department of Education shall work together to develop a compatible system of reporting the number of:
(1) Students who required remediation during their first year of enrollment in a state-supported institution of higher education if the enrollment occurred within two (2) years of graduation from a secondary school in this state;
(2) Students who required remediation and who graduated:
(A) With a 3.0 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale; and
(B) From a public high school after completing the:
(i) Program of the minimum core of high school courses recommended for preparation for postsecondary education by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the State Board of Education pursuant to 6-61-217 known as Smart Core; or
(ii) Non-Smart Core curriculum; and
(3) Attempts it takes a student to pass a postsecondary remedial course, beginning in the 2011-2012 school year.
(c) (1) The compilation report generated by the Department of Higher Education shall not include individual student information if the information is reported in a manner that would identify a particular student.
(2) Any information gathered that identifies a particular student shall be confidential.
(d) (1) The Department of Higher Education shall provide the reports to the Department of Education, the Department of Career Education, the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Governor, the House Committee on Education, the Senate Committee on Education, and the State Board of Education.
(2) The reports developed under this section shall be:
(A) Provided to each public high school and to school district administrators by the Department of Education; and
(B) Included in the Comprehensive Arkansas Higher Education Annual Report.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.