2010 Arkansas Code
6-61-204. Advisory committees and councils.
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 5 - Postsecondary And Higher Education Generally
Chapter 61 - Postsecondary Institutions Generally
Subchapter 2 - Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
§ 6-61-204 - Advisory committees and councils.
(a) The Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Presidents Council are authorized to establish advisory committees and councils as may be deemed necessary for the effective development and coordination of higher education in this state.
(b) (1) The Presidents Council shall be composed of all presidents and chancellors of public two-year and four-year colleges and universities.
(2) The council shall meet at least quarterly.
(3) This council shall serve in a strong advisory capacity to the director and to the board.
(4) All board items must be reviewed by this council prior to being placed on the board's agenda.
(c) (1) (A) There is created the Executive Council, which shall be selected by the Presidents Council from its membership.
(B) The Executive Council shall consist of four (4) members from two-year campuses and four (4) members from four-year campuses.
(2) Executive Council members shall serve for staggered terms of two (2) years.
(3) The Executive Council shall elect officers as it deems necessary.
(4) The Executive Council shall meet at least monthly, or more frequently as needed, with the director and senior staff.
(5) (A) All items to be considered as board agenda items must be reviewed by the Executive Council before being placed on any board agenda.
(B) In the event that the director and staff shall not be in agreement with the Executive Council on a matter to be considered by the board, the Executive Council's recommendation will be placed on the board agenda automatically for a presentation and explanation of the Executive Council's position. The board will then make a decision based on both positions.
(d) (1) (A) A working committee structure shall be established involving the Presidents Council or its designees.
(B) Examples of possible committees include but are not limited to accountability, graduate studies, undergraduate studies, workforce development, continuing education, and financial and funding.
(2) The committees shall make recommendations to the Presidents Council and the director when policy or funding issues are to be decided.
(3) The department employees shall staff each committee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.