2010 Arkansas Code
5-73-306. Prohibited places.
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 73 - Weapons
Subchapter 3 - Concealed Handguns
§ 5-73-306 - Prohibited places.
No license to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to this subchapter authorizes any person to carry a concealed handgun into:
(1) Any police station, sheriff's station, or Department of Arkansas State Police station;
(2) Any Arkansas Highway Police Division of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department facility;
(3) (A) Any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department or onto grounds adjacent to any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department.
(B) However, subdivision (3)(A) of this section does not apply to a rest area or weigh station of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department;
(4) Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
(5) Any courthouse;
(6) (A) Any courtroom.
(B) However, nothing in this subchapter precludes a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon into his or her courtroom;
(7) Any polling place;
(8) Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity;
(9) Any meeting of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly;
(10) Any state office;
(11) Any athletic event not related to firearms;
(12) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in 3-9-202, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises;
(13) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in 3-9-202, where beer or light wine is consumed on the premises;
(14) Any school, college, community college, or university campus building or event, unless for the purpose of participating in an authorized firearms-related activity;
(15) Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person is prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the passenger terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking the firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
(16) Any church or other place of worship;
(17) Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law;
(18) Any place where a parade or demonstration requiring a permit is being held, and the licensee is a participant in the parade or demonstration; or
(19) (A) Any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of the place by placing at each entrance to the place a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten feet (10') that "carrying a handgun is prohibited".
(B) (i) If the place does not have a roadway entrance, there shall be a written notice placed anywhere upon the premises of the place.
(ii) In addition to the requirement of subdivision (19)(B)(i) of this section, there shall be at least one (1) written notice posted within every three (3) acres of a place with no roadway entrance.
(C) A written notice as described in subdivision (19)(A) of this section is not required for a private home.
(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.