There is a newer version of the Arkansas Code
2010 Arkansas Code
5-63-305. Debt adjusting law -- Exclusions.
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 63 - Business Misconduct
Subchapter 3 - Debt Adjusting
§ 5-63-305 - Debt adjusting law -- Exclusions.
The following persons are not considered a debt adjuster for the purposes of this subchapter:
(1) An attorney at law;
(2) A bank, fiduciary, or financing and lending institution as authorized and admitted to transact business in this state and performing credit and financial adjusting services in the regular course of its principal business;
(3) A title insurer or abstract company, while doing an escrow business;
(4) An employer, for its employees;
(5) A judicial officer or another person acting pursuant to court order;
(6) A nonprofit organization giving debt management service without fee or charge or with a fee if the fee is in an amount not to exceed the amount of actual expenses incurred in offering the debt management service; and
(7) An association, for its members.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.