2010 Arkansas Code
Title 3 - Alcoholic Beverages
Chapter 4 - Alcoholic Beverages Generally -- permits
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 3-4-104 - Sale by fiduciaries or insurers.

3-4-104. Sale by fiduciaries or insurers.

(a) Any person, including an individual, partnership, association, or corporation, not otherwise a licensed dealer in alcoholic beverages, lawfully coming into possession of any alcoholic beverages as executor, administrator, trustee, or other fiduciary, as surety for or in payment of a debt, or as an insurer or its transferees or assigns for the salvage or liquidation of an insured casualty or damage or loss, may sell the beverages in one (1) lot or parcel to a duly licensed wholesale or retail dealer without qualifying as a dealer.

(b) However, immediately after taking possession of the alcoholic beverages, the person shall register with the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division and furnish a detailed list of the alcoholic beverages and post with the division a bond, in an amount the division deems sufficient to protect the state from any taxes due on the alcoholic beverages.

(c) The person shall pay to the division a registration fee of ten dollars ($10.00), which fee shall permit the sale of only the alcoholic beverages detailed in the registration request.

(d) The fee shall be deposited to the credit of the general revenue of the State of Arkansas.

(e) Whenever any beer is to be sold pursuant to this section, which shall have been involved in a fire, wreck, or similar casualty, then each bottle, can, or container of beer shall be labeled or otherwise identified, under the supervision of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board or its successor, as distress merchandise salvaged from a fire, wreck, or similar casualty.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.