2010 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 4 - Motor Vehicular Traffic
Chapter 51 - Operation Of Vehicles -- Rules Of The Road
Subchapter 15 - Paul's Law: To Prohibit Drivers of Motor Vehicles from Using Handheld Wireless Telephones to Engage in Text Messaging
§ 27-51-1502 - Purpose.
The purpose of this subchapter is to:
(1) Improve the safety of the roads for all drivers and passengers by prohibiting a driver of a motor vehicle from engaging in text messaging;
(2) Prevent accidents caused by the distractive practice of text messaging while operating a motor vehicle;
(3) Preserve human life and maintain the safety of the citizens of the State of Arkansas and visitors to our state by taking steps to reduce motor vehicle accidents, injuries, and deaths;
(4) Reduce health care costs, health insurance rates, and automobile insurance rates by attempting to reduce the number of motor vehicle accidents that cause injury, death, and property damage; and
(5) Reduce the amount of time that law enforcement and the court system work on accidents and offenses arising out of motor vehicle accidents caused by drivers who are distracted by sending or reading text messages.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.