2010 Arkansas Code
27-50-302. Classification of traffic violations.
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 4 - Motor Vehicular Traffic
Chapter 50 - Penalties And Enforcement
Subchapter 3 - Offenses and Penalties Generally
§ 27-50-302 - Classification of traffic violations.
(a) The following traffic law violations shall be known as offenses and classified as indicated:
(1) Racing on a public highway -- Class A misdemeanor;
(2) Reckless driving -- Class B misdemeanor;
(3) Driving with lights off to avoid detection, identification, or apprehension -- Class B misdemeanor;
(4) Hazardous driving -- Class C misdemeanor;
(5) Leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage only -- Class C misdemeanor;
(6) Driving the wrong way on a one-way street -- Class C misdemeanor;
(7) Speeding in excess of fifteen miles per hour (15 m.p.h.) over the posted speed limit -- Class C misdemeanor;
(8) Using nitrous oxide in a motor vehicle or motorcycle on a street or highway as prohibited under 27-37-803 -- Class C misdemeanor; and
(9) Observing a drag race as a spectator on a public highway -- Class B misdemeanor.
(b) More than three (3) violations in a twelve-month period -- Class C misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.