2010 Arkansas Code
27-37-702. Seat belt use required -- Applicability of subchapter.
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 3 - Motor Vehicles And Their Equipment
Chapter 37 - Equipment Regulations
Subchapter 7 - Mandatory Seat Belt Use
§ 27-37-702 - Seat belt use required -- Applicability of subchapter.
(a) Each driver and front seat passenger in any motor vehicle operated on a street or highway in this state shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt properly secured to the vehicle.
(b) This subchapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) Passenger automobiles manufactured before July 1, 1968, and all other motor vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1972;
(2) Passengers and drivers with a physical disability that contraindicates the use of a seat belt, and which condition is certified by a physician who states the nature of the disability as well as the reason the use of a seat belt is inappropriate;
(3) Children who require protection and are properly restrained under The Child Passenger Protection Act, 27-34-101 et seq.; and
(4) Drivers who are rural letter carriers of the United States Postal Service while performing their duties as rural letter carriers.
(c) Except as provided in subdivision (b)(4), each driver or passenger who is seated in a wheelchair in a motor vehicle shall:
(1) Wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt properly secured to the wheelchair; and
(2) Have the wheelchair properly secured in the motor vehicle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.