2010 Arkansas Code
27-34-107. Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund.
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 3 - Motor Vehicles And Their Equipment
Chapter 34 - Child Passenger Protection Act
§ 27-34-107 - Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund.
(a) (1) A special fund is created which shall be known as the "Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund".
(2) The Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund shall consist of:
(A) Seventy-five percent (75%) of all fines that are collected for violations of this chapter, which shall be remitted by the tenth day of each month to the Administration of Justice Fund Section of the Office of Administrative Services of the Department of Finance and Administration on a form provided by that office, to be deposited into the Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund; and
(B) Other moneys that may be appropriated, allocated, or donated for the purpose of being placed in the Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund.
(b) (1) The Arkansas Highway Safety Program shall earmark at least fifty percent (50%) of the annual expenditures from the Arkansas Child Passenger Protection Fund for the purchase of child passenger safety seats.
(2) If annual funds generated by the fund support the expenditure and if the needs of the program justify the expenditure, the program shall maintain an annual expenditure of at least one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) for child passenger safety seats.
(3) The child passenger safety seats purchased by the program shall be loaned or rented to hospitals or other groups or individuals, who may lend or rent the child passenger safety seats to others for the purpose of transporting children.
(c) After the expenditures described in subsection (b) of this section, the program shall earmark the balance of moneys in the fund:
(1) To conduct continuing education and public awareness concerning child passenger safety;
(2) To encourage and promote proper use of child safety seats and safety belts; and
(3) For highway safety planning and administration.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.