2010 Arkansas Code
25-38-201. Legislative findings.
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 38 - Arkansas Agriculture Department
Subchapter 2 - Arkansas Agriculture Department
§ 25-38-201 - Legislative findings.
The General Assembly finds that:
(1) Agriculture accounts for thirteen billion dollars ($13,000,000,000) or one-fifth (1/5) of the gross state product of Arkansas;
(2) Two hundred ninety-one thousand (291,000) Arkansas jobs directly involve or operate in support of agriculture;
(3) Agriculture and agriculture-related jobs account for twenty-three percent (23%) of all employment in Arkansas;
(4) Responsibility for supporting agriculture in Arkansas is spread across six (6) state agencies;
(5) Marketing of the agricultural products of Arkansas is made extremely difficult by the diffusion of responsibility across six (6) state agencies; and
(6) Marketing of the agricultural products of Arkansas would be vastly improved if a central office were devoted to creating, publicizing, and sustaining an information network for Arkansas farmers and ranchers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.