2010 Arkansas Code
25-15-217. Alternative sanctions.
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 15 - Administrative Procedures
Subchapter 2 - Administrative Procedure Act
§ 25-15-217 - Alternative sanctions.
(a) (1) Each agency which may suspend, revoke, or deny a license for acts or omissions or other conduct as provided by law may impose alternative sanctions set forth in subsection (b) of this section.
(2) The penalties set forth in subsection (b) of this section shall be supplemental to any agency's authority to impose penalties upon any person or entity under the agency's jurisdiction.
(b) Each agency may impose on any person or entity under the agency's jurisdiction:
(1) A monetary penalty not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500) for each violation;
(2) A requirement that the person complete appropriate education programs or courses, or both;
(3) A requirement that the person or entity successfully complete:
(A) A licensing examination;
(B) A credentialing examination; or
(C) Any other examination required in order to obtain a permit, license, registration, or credential;
(4) Conditions or restrictions upon regulated activities of the holder of a license, permit, certificate, credential, registration, or other authority; and
(5) Other requirements or penalties as may be appropriate under the circumstances of the case and which would achieve the agency's desired disciplinary purposes, but which would not impair the public health and welfare.
(c) The agency may file suit to collect any monetary penalty assessed pursuant to this subchapter, if the penalty is not paid within the time prescribed by the agency, in either Pulaski County Circuit Court or the circuit court of any county in which the person or entity under the agency's jurisdiction:
(1) Resides; or
(2) Does business.
(d) Upon imposition of a sanction against a person or entity under the agency's jurisdiction, the agency may order that the license, permit, certification, credential, or registration be suspended until the person or entity has complied in full with all applicable sanctions imposed pursuant to this section.
(e) (1) Each violation shall constitute a separate violation.
(2) The power and authority of the agency to impose a sanction authorized in this section shall not be affected by any other civil or criminal proceeding concerning the same violation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.