2010 Arkansas Code
23-70-114. Method of determining financial condition.
Title 23 - Public Utilities and Regulated Industries
Subtitle 3 - Insurance
Chapter 70 - Reciprocal Insurers
§ 23-70-114 - Method of determining financial condition.
In determining the financial condition of a reciprocal insurer, the Insurance Commissioner shall apply the following rules:
(1) He shall charge as liabilities the same reserves as are required of incorporated insurers issuing nonassessable policies on a reserve basis;
(2) The surplus deposits of subscribers shall be allowed as assets, except that any premium deposits delinquent for ninety (90) days shall first be charged against the surplus deposit;
(3) The surplus deposits of subscribers shall not be charged as a liability;
(4) All premium deposits delinquent less than ninety (90) days shall be allowed as assets;
(5) An assessment levied upon subscribers, and not collected, shall not be allowed as an asset;
(6) The contingent liability of subscribers shall not be allowed as an asset; and
(7) The computation of reserves shall be based upon premium deposits other than membership fees and without any deduction for expenses and the compensation of the attorney.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.