2010 Arkansas Code
20-14-308. Guide dog and service dog access.
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 14 - Individuals With Disabilities
Subchapter 3 - Rights Generally
§ 20-14-308 - Guide dog and service dog access.
(a) A blind, physically handicapped, deaf or hard-of-hearing person and his or her guide, signal, or service dog or a dog trainer in the act of training a guide, signal, or service dog shall not be denied admittance to or refused access to the following because of the dog:
(1) Any street or highway;
(2) Any sidewalk or walkway;
(3) Any common carrier, airplane, motor vehicle, railroad train, bus, streetcar, boat, or any other public conveyance or mode of transportation;
(4) Any hotel, motel, or other place of lodging;
(5) Any public building maintained by any unit or subdivision of government;
(6) Any building to which the general public is invited;
(7) Any educational facility or college dormitory;
(8) Any restaurant or other place where food is offered for sale to the public; or
(9) Any other place of public accommodation, amusement, convenience, or resort to which the general public or any classification of persons from the general public is regularly, normally, or customarily invited within the State of Arkansas.
(b) The blind, physically handicapped, deaf or hard-of-hearing person, or dog trainer in the act of training a guide, signal, or service dog shall not be required to pay any additional charges for his or her guide, signal, or service dog but shall be liable for any damage done to the premises by the dog.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.