2010 Arkansas Code
20-10-213. Definitions for 20-10-213 -- 20-10-228.
Title 20 - Public Health And Welfare
Subtitle 2 - Health And Safety
Chapter 10 - Long-Term Care Facilities And Services
Subchapter 2 - Office of Long-Term Care
§ 20-10-213 - Definitions for 20-10-213 -- 20-10-228.
As used in this section and 20-10-214 -- 20-10-228:
(1) "Advisory board" means the Long-Term Care Facility Advisory Board;
(2) "Department" means the Department of Health and Human Services;
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Long-Term Care;
(4) "Federal act" means the Hospital Survey and Construction Act, Pub L. No. 79-725, as amended;
(5) (A) (i) "Institution" means a place for the diagnosis, treatment, or care of two (2) or more persons not related to the proprietor suffering from illness, injury, or deformity or where obstetrical care or care of the aged, blind, or disabled is rendered over a period exceeding twenty-four (24) hours.
(ii) "Institution" also includes an outpatient surgery center and an alcohol and drug abuse treatment center.
(B) No establishment operated by the federal government or an agency thereof is within this definition;
(6) (A) "Long-term care facility" means any building, structure, agency, institution, or other place for the reception, accommodation, board, care, or treatment of more than three (3) unrelated individuals who because of age, illness, blindness, disease, or physical or mental infirmity are unable to sufficiently or properly care for themselves and where a charge is made for that reception, accommodation, board, care, or treatment.
(B) "Long-term care facility" shall not include:
(i) The offices of private physicians and surgeons;
(iii) Recuperation centers;
(iv) Supervised or supported living apartments, group homes, family homes, or developmental day treatment clinics for individuals with developmental disabilities operated by providers licensed by the Division of Developmental Disabilities Services of the Department of Health and Human Services;
(v) Institutions operated by the federal government;
(vi) Separate living arrangements that do not involve monitoring the activities of the residents while on the premises of the institution or facility to ensure the residents' health, safety, or well-being and that do not involve the institution or facility's being aware of the residents' general whereabouts; or
(7) "Medical facility" means a diagnostic or diagnostic and treatment center, a rehabilitation facility, or a nursing home as these terms are defined in the federal act, and any other medical facility for which federal aid may be authorized under federal law;
(8) "Office" means the Office of Long-Term Care; and
(9) "Surgeon General" means the Surgeon General of the United States Public Health Service.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.